Campus Dining and Shops Student Advisory Board
As part of its commitment to UB student satisfaction, Campus Dining & Shops seeks students to work with us to create the best dining, retail, banking and catering experience for the campuses. Students who are interested in dining services and committed to providing feedback are invited to join the Campus Dining & Shops Student Advisory Board.
The advisory board is comprised of 20 to 30 committed UB students, from various sectors of our student population, who are serious about helping UB meet student needs. The Campus Dining & Shops Advisory Board meets monthly during the academic year and new members are chosen each year. Members will help Campus Dining & Shops understand student needs, tastes and buying patterns, and find new and creative ways to deliver services to meet those needs. The CDS Advisory Board works on such projects as:
- Secret shopper programs: Students are provided with funds and asked to shop at Campus Dining & Shops facilities and report on the quality of products and customer service.
- Taste tests and product sampling: From coffee, to wraps, to pizza and much more. Before Campus Dining & Shops rolls out new products or services, they are tested with students in this Advisory Group.
- Dining trends: Student opinions are assessed to help CDS identify new trends in tastes and buying patterns.
- Satisfaction surveys
- Facility tours
Do I Qualify?
You may qualify if:
- You are a current UB Student
- You are serious about providing objective feedback to help UB improve services.
- You are prompt and a reliable participant in our group.
What is my Obligation?
If you are selected, you will be committed for the semester to:
- Regularly and promptly attend meetings.
- Actively seek input from the student body.
- Stay informed of the overall dining service community and have an understanding of the operations of Campus Dining & Shops.
- Undertake projects and proceed with follow-up responses (audits, surveys).
- Use cards appropriately.
- Submit your reports on a timely basis.
What's in it for me?
- The satisfaction of knowing you helped UB Campus Dining & Shops meet your and other students' needs
- $20 in Dining Dollars (added to your Student Account after every meeting you attend)
- Free food samples