Our staff continues to work with the university to monitor and respond to the COVID-19 situation. We have developed an update page for our residents and their families to receive the most timely information on Campus Dining & Shops services.
Last updated: 7/6/20
Fall 2020 Update for Incoming Students
Now that the university has announced plans for class instruction for the fall, Campus Dining and Shops is moving forward with finalizing our meal plan selections and dining operations. As you learn more about what a modified in-person instruction model will mean for you, we understand that your dining needs may change.
With the adjustments that have been made to the academic calendar, meal plan contract dates and terms and conditions will be adjusted. Details of these changes will be communicated once they have been finalized.
Based on the latest CDC recommendations and in consultation with UB’s Environmental Health and Safety, Student Health Services and Campus Living, we are crafting a set of community guidelines that will help our students, faculty and staff dine safely and comfortably.
As promised, we will continue to keep you informed as new information becomes available. We appreciate your patience and consideration as we work through this together. If you have any questions, please email us at https://myubcard.com/about/contact
Dining on Campus
We care deeply about the health and safety of our guests, employees and vendors. UB Campus Dining operations will be modified to meet new state requirements for cleaning, social distancing, customer limits and modified indoor seating. More than 30 campus locations will be revamped. The plan includes new grab-and-go sites, a residential dining center zoned and time seating reservation system and mobile ordering at some retail locations. To protect public health, self-serve buffet-style service will be prohibited and plexi-glass barriers have been installed at all locations.
Our Dining Locations
When you visit one of our dining locations, we strive to ensure you are as comfortable as possible. Please know that cleanliness and sanitization have always been a big part of running a robust dining service, and we already follow strict guidelines from New York State and Erie County Health Departments. However, due to the current situation, we are increasing and adding to our current supply of Centers for Disease Control (CDC) approved cleaning and sanitizing materials to ensure our staff can clean and disinfect even more thoroughly throughout the course of the day.
As circumstances surrounding COVID-19 remain very fluid, please be sure to follow official university communications. Important updates will be listed on the University website. We will also provide important dining updates on our website here and our social media channels.
Thank you for choosing to dine on campus at UB. We look forward to continuing to provide the best service to help you achieve your academic and personal goals.
Please consult the the UB COVID-19 website for additional campus FAQs.
Should I wear a mask/face covering while on campus?
Yes. A New York State Executive Order requires wearing a mask or face covering in public. This includes all dining, store locations and food trucks. Service will not be permitted without a mask or face covering.
What measures are being taken by Campus Dining to reduce the spread of the COVID-19?
- Campus Dining and Shops, in keeping with food safety standards, will ensure that all areas in dining services will be sufficiently clean and sanitized. Staff is utilizing a product line of disinfecting cleansers which are certified by the EPA and CDC for the destruction of ARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19).
- Campus Dining and Shops is adhering to all New York State guidelines in limiting dining room seating and in some locations only offering to-go services. We encourage guests to practice social distancing as recommended by the CDC (6-10 feet of physical space between you and others).
- Sneeze guards are in use at all locations.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at all dining location entrances.
- Mobile ordering and contactless payment options are available with the GET app.
Will the Dining Rooms be open for seating?
Campus Dining and Shops is adhering to all New York State guidelines in limiting capacity for dining room seating. All tables and hard surfaces will be cleaned after each use.
Where do we find out what dining services or Campus Dining & Shops operations are being impacted?
Services such as dining may be reduced or significantly altered to limit large gatherings in campus spaces. Please refer to myubcard.com/schedule for a complete list of dining locations and services supplied by Campus Dining & Shops. For University operations, please visit the University website.
Spring 2020 Dining Plans - Adjustments
- Prorated credits will be issued for Any 19, Any 14 and block meal plans. Students who continued to utilize their accounts after March 24, 2020 are not eligible for credits.
- For exclusively Dining Dollar meal plans, expiration dates are extended through the end of the fall semester. Non-returning students may request refunds.
- Campus Dining and Shops is providing additional information by email and you may email email@example.com