2022-2023 Dining Guide
Last updated: 05/23/2022
Table of Contents
Here at UB, your dining experience is more than great food. Campus Dining is committed to providing clean, healthy, and diverse dining options designed to meet the evolving needs and expectations of our UB Community. We pride ourselves on delivering culinary expertise, fresh ingredients, nutritious options, and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility.
We are proud of our dining program and we invite you to share your thoughts with any member of our management team. Now that you're here, welcome to all that we have to offer. We look forward to serving you!
The Mission of UB Campus Dining is to enhance the campus life experience by providing a variety of dining options and services designed to fit the lifestyles and nutritional needs of the University community. Serving foods from local growers, striving to achieve sustainability and expanding the availability of dining choices are ways that we enrich the dining experience.
Meals and Dining Points are stored on your UB Card so there is no need to carry cash. Unused meals from your meal plan do not carry over from week to week, so be sure to use your meals before the end of the week (weeks begin on Saturday and end on Friday). Limit of two meals per meal period and one per transaction.
Please visit myubcard.com/mealplans for the most up to date information.
The GET App
The GET App is a free download available at the App Store and Google Play. This app allows you to pay for meals, order through the app, add funds, check your balance and much more!
The GET App allows students to order and pay for meals directly through their mobile phone. Simply place your order at any of the following locations and wait by the mobile pick-up station. Some locations are subject to change, and we encourage you to keep an eye on GET to see what's available to order ahead.
- Sizzles at the Ellicott Food Court (EFC)
- Bravo Pasta at Pistachios
- Stackers at Union Marketplace & Eatery
- The Cellar at Governors
- Harriman Café at Harriman Hall
- Corner Café at Downtown Medical Campus
- One World Café (select locations) at Norton & Capen Hall
New On Campus!
One World Café
A new dining experience within UB's overall Heart of the Campus initiative. Designed by the UB Community, for the UB Community, One World Café is a brand new retail dining facility that opened in Spring of 2022.
Located between Capen and Norton Hall, this three-story, 53,500-square-foot facility features five international food platforms with a global array of authentic, international meals, snacks and drinks.
Find out more information at myubcard.com/oneworldcafe.
- Noodle Pavilion: Enjoy build your own or signature made noodle bowls. Customize with choices from udon, ramen, soba or rice noodle with chicken, beef, pork, tofu or shrimp.
- Pan Asia: Featuring weekly specials with cuisine from Thailand, China, Japan & Korea.
- 1846 Grill: Classic breakfast options, signature sandwiches, build your own burgers and delicious dinner specials!
- Tikka Table: Traditional Indian cuisine with flavorful spices and delicious options, complete with a tandoor oven to prepare meals.
- Kali Orexi: Mediterranean cuisine and fare from Middle Eastern countries. Here you will find marinated choice cuts of meats, ancient grains and regional spices.
Our thinking, research, creative activity and people positively impact and change the world. We are committed to supporting the local community and preserving our resources. Here are a few ways our dining program is doing its part. For more information visit myubcard.com/sustain
- Eliminating Plastic Straws: Our drink-thru lids for fountain beverages have allowed us to eliminate plastic straws at CDS dining locations across our campuses.
- Plastic Bottle Return: Return/recycling machines are located across campus helping reduce the amount of waste sent to the landfill.
- Locally Sourced: Look for the Made in Grown in New York icon, which promotes and supports the sale of agricultural products grown and processed within New York State.
- Dining Center & One World Café Compost Waste: By composting pre-consumer food waste, post-consumer food scraps and compostable packaging, we are eliminating thousands of pounds of waste from ending up in landfills. Instead, these materials are turned into renewable resources – such as electricity or natural gas – through a process called anaerobic digestion.
Nutrition, Health & Wellness
UB Campus Dining & Shops offers a variety of well-balanced, healthy menu choices for all students, including those with special dietary needs. Over the years, changes to improve the health and well-being of students include:
- Increasing fruit, vegetables, whole grains and plant-based proteins
- Adding healthier snack & beverage options to vending machines
- Reducing sodium by modifying recipes, products & cooking techniques
- Providing quick access to nutrition & allergen information
Food Allergies & Special Dietary Needs
We are available to help guide students with food allergies and special dietary needs. For assistance, contact our Registered Dietitian to set up an appointment. Students may also speak with mangers, chefs and supervisors in any dining location.
Simple Kitchen is an access-controlled pantry at Governors Dining Center that offers food that is Free From™ wheat, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and shellfish. Students can safely prepare meals with ease in this home-like kitchen at UB. For more information or access inside the kitchen, please contact our Registered Dietitian (P: 716.645.6445) or (E: Dietitian@buffalo.edu)
For more information, visit myubcard.com/nutrition.
Teddy's: Located in Roosevelt Hall in the Governors Complex. This convenience store carries a variety of beverages, snacks and essential personal items.
The Elli: Located in the Ellicott Complex, a full-size convenience store with snacks, beverages, frozen entrées, UB apparel and laundry supplies.
UB Campus Tees: Located in the Student Union, Campus Tees has the best UB Apparel, merchandise and gifts. UB Campus Tees is an official licensed apparel and merchandise provider at UB. Visit in-store, or shop online at ubcampustees.com.
More Great Food Options
Campus Dining and Shops wants to provide a great experience to everyone on campus. Including special events, grab and go options, food trucks, kosher items, vending operations and another thing that will sound great! To view all available dining locations and hours of operation visit myubcard.com/locations.
UB Snackin' - Vending
A variety of vending machines can be found across campus that offer beverages, snacks, healthy options, frozen meals and desserts. The machines are equipped with card swipe readers so you can use your Dining Points or Campus Cash anytime.
Bulls on the Run - Grab & Go
We know how busy our Bulls can be and that's why we have plenty of Grab & Go options available across campus. Grab a snack, drink or microwavable meal to enjoy on your time when your schedule gets busy.
Big Blue & Little Blue - Food Trucks
Herd at the curb for the best food you'll ever eat. In our food trucks, we take our passion for great food and creativity to a whole new level. It's mo-bull food like no other. We're all over campus, so follow us!
Twitter: @UBBigBlue, @UBLittleBlue
NY Deli & Diner
The University at Buffalo, under the rabbinical supervision of Va'ad, offers Kosher food options. All food is prepared at the NY Deli & Diner, where a Mashgiach is always present and overseen by Rabbi Moshe Taub BVK, Hakasrus of Buffalo.
Be Part of the Team!
As UB's largest student employer, we offer a variety of positions in fun and diverse environments. Our goal is to help students gain valuable work experience in jobs compatible with their academic schedules. Apply at myubcard.com/jobs.
Secret Shopper Program
The Secret Shopper Program is an essential tool to make sure we're providing a positive dining experience. Get paid to dine and tell us about your experiences. Candidates can submit an application at myubcard.com/secretshopper.
Student Advisory Committee
Students can serve on the Student Advisory Committee and have a voice in decisions that affects the quality of student life. The committee meets approximately once a month to provide suggestions, advice and feedback regarding dining facilities, programs and services. Selected participants revive a Dining Points stipend. Apply at myubcard.com/advisory.
Be the first to follow Campus Dining and Shops for the inside scoop on what's going on around campus! Find out about new items, popular promotions, special events, and more by following us today!
instagram | twitter | facebook | tiktok