2021-2022 Dining Guide
Last updated: 08/03/2021
The Mission of UB Campus Dining is to enhance the campus life experience by providing a variety of dining options and services designed to fit the lifestyles and nutritional needs of the University community. Serving foods from local growers, striving to achieve sustainability and expanding the availability of dining choices are ways that we enrich the dining experience.
Table of Contents
Here at UB, your dining experience is more than great food. Campus Dining is committed to providing clean, healthy, and diverse dining options designed to meet the evolving needs and expectations of our UB Community. We pride ourselves on delivering culinary expertise, fresh ingredients, nutritious options, and a shared sense of environmental and social responsibility.
We are proud of our dining program and we invite you to share your thoughts with any member of our management team. Now that you’re here, welcome to all that we have to offer. We look forward to serving you.
Meals and Dining Points are stored on your UB Card so there is no need to carry cash. Unused meals from your meal plan do not carry over from week to week, so be sure to use your meals before the end of the week (weeks begin on Saturday and end on Friday). Limit of two meals per meal period and one per transaction.
Please visit myubcard.com/mealplans for the most up to date information.
The GET App
The GET App is a free download available at the App Store and Google Play. This app allows you to pay for meals, order through the app, add funds, check your balance and much more!
The GET App allows students to order and pay for meals directly through their mobile phone. Simply place your order at any of the following locations and wait by the mobile pick-up station. Some locations are subject to change, and we encourage you to keep an eye on GET to see what's available to order ahead.
- Sizzles at the Ellicott Food Court (EFC)
- Hubie's at the Ellicott Food Court (EFC)
- The Bowl at the Ellicott Food Court (EFC)
- Bravo Pasta at Pistachios
- Stackers at Union Marketplace & Eatery
- The Cellar at Governors
- Edgy Veggie Express at Harriman Cafe
- The Corner Cafe at Downtown Medical Campus
To download the GET App, follow the steps at myubcard.com/account. The Dashboard allows you to check your balance, transactions, add funds, and mobile order and more! The Scan Card option allows for a contactless payment at all CDS locations.
Great Food Options
To view all available dining locations and hours of operation visit myubcard.com/locations.
UB Snackin' - Vending
A variety of vending machines can be found across campus that offer beverages, snacks, healthy options, frozen meals and desserts. The machines are equipped with card swipe readers so you can use your Dining Points or Campus Cash anytime.
We're always looking forward to our next event. From celebrating special food days like National Grilled Cheese Day or National Tater Tot Day to highlighting all the delicious foods grown and produced in New York State, special events are kind of our thing. We also take great pride in supporting many university hosted events throughout the year. Follow us on Social Media for updates on our next event!
facebook | twitter | instagram
Big Blue & Little Blue - Food Trucks
Herd at the curb for the best food you’ll ever eat. In our food trucks, we take our passion for great food and creativity to a whole new level. It's mo-bull food like no other. We're all over campus, so follow us!
Twitter: @UBBigBlue, @UBLittleBlue
Facebook: /UBBigBlue and /UBLittleBlue
Coming Soon to Campus!
One World Café
Campus Dining is bringing a new dining experience to life as part of UB's overall Heart of the Campus initiative.
Designed by the UB Community, for the UB Community, the new retail dining center is scheduled to open in the Spring of 2022. The three-story, 53,500-square-foot facility will feature; Seating for 800+, Five international food platforms, and a global array of authentic, internationally-themed meals, snacks and drinks.
- The Noodle Pavilion: A customizable noodle bar with a wide variety of fresh options.
- Pan Asia: Authentic and delicious tasting Chinese and Asian cuisine.
- Tikka Table: Traditional Indian dishes with flavorful spices.
- Kali Orexi: Mediterranean cuisine featuring build your own rice bowls and many Great Sea dishes.
- 1846 Grill: American fare at its finest; serving classic grilled items hot and fresh.
The mission of UB Campus Dining and Shops is to enhance the campus life experience by providing a variety of dining options and services designed to fit the lifestyles and nutritional needs of the university community. For more information involving nutrition, ingredients and allergens visit myubcard.com/nutrition.
Nutrition, Health & Wellness
UB Campus Dining & Shops offers a variety of well-balanced, healthy menu choices for all students, even those with special dietary needs. Over the last five years, changes to improve the health and well-being of students include:
- Increasing fruit, vegetables, whole grains and plant-based proteins
- Adding healthier snack and beverage options to vending machines
- Reducing sodium by modifying recipes, products and cooking techniques
- Providing quick access to nutrition and allergen information
Food Allergies & Special Dietary Needs
We are available to help guide students with food allergies and special dietary needs. For assistance, contact our Registered Dietitian to set up an appointment. Students may also speak with mangers, chefs and supervisors in any dining location.
Simple Kitchen is an access-controlled pantry at Goodyear Dining Center that offers food that is Free From wheat, gluten, peanuts, tree nuts, fish and shellfish. Students can safely prepare meals with ease in this home-like kitchen at UB. For more information or access inside the kitchen, please contact our On-Campus Registered Dietitian (P: 716.645.6445) or (E: Dietitian@buffalo.edu)
For nutrition icons to know, visit myubcard.com/nutrition.
Our thinking, research, creative activity and people positively impact and change the world. We are committed to supporting the local community and preserving our resources. Here are a few ways our dining program is doing its part.
- Eliminating Plastic Straws: Our drink-thru lids for fountain beverages have allowed us to eliminate plastic straws at CDS dining locations across our campuses.
- Plastic Bottle Return: Plastic bottle return/recycling machines are located across campus helping reduce the amount of waste sent to the landfill.
- Made in Grown in Icon: Look for the Made in Grown in New York icon, which promotes and supports the sale of agricultural products grown and processed within New York State.
- Dining Center Compost Waste: By composting food waste and post-consumer food scraps, we are eliminating thousands of pounds from ending up in landfills. Instead, these materials are turned into renewable resources – such as electricity or natural gas – through a process called anaerobic digestion.
For more information visit myubcard.com/sustain.
Teddy's: Located in Roosevelt Hall in the Governors Complex. This convenience store carries a variety of beverages, snacks and essential personal items.
The Elli: Located in the Ellicott Complex, a full-size convenience store with snacks, beverages, frozen entrées, UB apparel and laundry supplies.
Main Street Store: Located inside Goodyear Dining Center on South Campus. This convenience store carries a variety of beverages, snacks and essential personal items.
UB Campus Tees: Located in the Student Union, Campus Tees has the best UB Apparel, merchandise and gifts. UB Campus Tees is an official licensed apparel and merchandise provider at UB. Visit us in-store, or shop online at ubcampustees.com.
Below are listed a few of our most popular services, but more can be found online at myubcard.com.
Banking on Campus
ATMs from Bank of America, Key Bank, Morton Lane FCU and others are located campus for your convenience. For more details visit myubcard.com/banking.
Returning next fall? Room cramped during the semester? Campus Dining and Shops has partnered with OnDemand Storage, for all your needs. They store your items, ship and move them for you at your convenience! Just schedule your appointment today; It's that easy! For more details visit online at myubcard.com/storage.
Be the first to follow Campus Dining and Shops for the inside scoop on what’s going on around campus! Find out about new items, popular promotions, special events, and more by following us today!
facebook | twitter | instagram