Food & Purchasing
We are proud to support New York State food growers, producers and manufacturers because doing so benefits our state economy and the environment. To help you identify these products that are grown, produced and manufactured in New York State, we created the Made In/Grown In New York icon. We know the importance of helping our community find and choose New York products, so we are focused on building relationships with growers, food artisans, and food manufacturers throughout the state.
When you see the Made In/Grown In New York icon on campus, you know you can enjoy great tasting products that are fresh from the farm, supporting New York jobs and even helping reduce carbon emissions.
- Great Lakes Cheese — Adams
- Perry's Ice Cream — Ice Cream
- Barilla — Pasta
- Battistoni — Meats
- Al Cohen's Bakery — Breads
- Father Sam's — Pitas/Breads
- Galbani/Sorrento — Cheese
- Golden Cup — Coffee
- General Mills — Cereal
- McCullagh Coffee — Coffee
- Rich's — Pizza Dough
- Rosina Foods — Pasta/Meats
- Upstate Farms — Dairy Products
- Wardynski's — Meats
- Pepsi Beverages Company — Bottled Beverages
- Costanzo's Bakery — Breads/Rolls
- Barilla — Pasta
- Empire Cheese — Cheese
- The Basket Co. — Dried Fruits/Snacks/Nuts
- Frito-Lay — Chips/Snacks
- Pepsi Beverages Company — Fountain Beverage Mixes
- New Berlin
- Chobani — Yogurt
- Port Byron
- NY Malted Waffle — Waffle Mix
- Midstate Bakery — Breads/Rolls
- Sovena — Cooking Oils
- Red Osier — Roast Beef
- Niagara Fresh Fruits — Seasonal Fruits
- Kreher's Farm Fresh Eggs — Eggs
- Eden Valley Growers — Seasonal Vegetables
- Piedmonte Farms — Seasonal Vegetables
- Freatman Farms — Seasonal Vegetables
- Robinson Farms — Seasonal Vegetables
- Dobbins Orchards — Seasonal Fruits
- North Collins
- Bowman Farms — Seasonal Produce
- Goodman Farms — Seasonal Vegetables
- Johnston Paper — Paper Goods/Cleaners
- Boulevard Produce — Produce
- U.S. Foods — Major Foods Accounts
- James Desiderio Produce — Produce
- Maplevale Farms — Meats
- Regional Distributors — Specialty Cones/Ice Cream Products
More Information About Our FarmsEden Valley Growers
- For over 125 years, W.D. Henry & Sons, Inc., located in Eden, New York has provided fresh produce and flowers. They continue to supply UB Campus Dining with fresh vegetables such as broccoli, sweet corn, green & red bell peppers, and squash.
“We pride ourselves on quality, integrity, and maintaining up-to-date production and food safety practices.” — Mark & Dan Henry
- Located in Eden, New York, Amos Zittel & Sons, Inc. is focused on producing highest quality fresh fruits and vegetables. They currently harvest over 300 acres of fresh produce, sending peppers and squash to UB Campus dining services.
Bowman Farms Inc.
Since 1944, Bowman Farms has operated to provide the best produce for its customers in North Collins, NY. Bowman Farms has produced many ingredients used in our dining centers such as tomatoes, various peppers, summer and winter squash.
“We have made it our mission to provide reliable products and services in our customer-driven approach.” — Bowman Farms
Piedmonte Farms had its start in 1911, now they are located on 3,000 acres of land in Holley, New York. They grow a variety of fresh produce such as green beans, green peppers, tomatoes, and garlic that are delivered to UB.
“We are committed to the development and conservation of healthy soil that will grow crops which are healthier and safer for everyone.” — Piedmonte Farms
- Our napkins, made from recycled paper, are housed in single-sheet dispensers that let you pull one napkin at a time. This system allows you take only what you need, eliminating wasteful piles of unused napkins.
- Our resident and retail dining locations are Polystyrene (Styrofoam) free – using only paper-based tableware, many of which are compostable.
- Stewardship of ocean resources and supporting sustainable aquaculture is critical for long-term viability of our seafood supply. Campus Dining & Shops is dedicated to ensuring that all of the seafood we serve is caught or raised sustainably.
- We do not use any endangered fish or any type of endangered seafood.