Visit the 1Capen website for available North Campus UB Card service updates.
UB Card services are available on South Campus (1Diefendorf) by appointment only.

Key Uses & Eligibility

  • Access to athletic facilities
  • Access to sporting events
  • Student Identification
  • Campus Transportation/UB Stampede

Your UB Card is your official University at Buffalo ID and is used across campus: Getting into your residence hall, working out at the gym, and attending campus events are all made easy with this multi-purpose card.

You will be eligible for a UB Card once you are registered for class. First-year students obtain their UB Cards at their orientation session. All other undergraduate and summer-only students may obtain their UB Cards at the UB Card Office during regular business hours. Your UB Card is valid while you are a registered student. If you leave UB and return at a later date, that card will become valid again. It is a valuable resource for any time you spend at UB. All registered students must have a UB Card and carry it with them at all times.

Domestic students can have their UB Card mailed to their permanent address after they've submitted their photo and identification via Send Us Your Selfie. This is also highly recommended for online students. The fee is $25.00 and would be billed to your university student account. To have your card mailed to you, please fill out this Mailed UB Card Request Form.

Your UB Card is Non-Transferable, it can ONLY be used by the person named on the card. If your card is being used by any other person it will be confiscated. The fee to replace a confiscated card is $25, and is non-negotiable.

Submit Photo

Send us your selfie to submit your UB ID photo

Submitting your photo for your University at Buffalo identification card is easy! Students with University e-mail addresses should use Send Us Your Selfie to submit their photo.

UB Card Photo Guidelines

  • This picture is for identification purposes; it must clearly identify you.
  • You must be looking straight at the camera.
  • The photograph must be in color.
  • There can be no red eye or flash reflection.
  • No hats, sunglasses, jewelry, or garments that obstruct the view of your face.

For Students: To confirm your photo has been accepted, please log into your HUB Student Center via MYUB two business days after you have submitted your photo. If your photo has been accepted, it will be displayed on your profile.

Additional Information

  • You will need to submit a photo of your government-issued photo ID for verification.
  • The background will be converted to a plain white background as part of the upload process.
  • The UB Card office reserves the right to refuse any photos that do not meet these requirements.
  • Photo submissions are manually reviewed and can take up to two business days to be processed.
  • The UB Card office will make one attempt to notify you if your photo is not accepted.
  • If your photo cannot be used, we will take your photo at the UB Card office or carding location
  • If you have any difficulty meeting any of these guidelines, please contact us.

Faculty/Staff UB Cards

Faculty and Staff receive their first UB Card (magstripe only) free of charge; If the upgraded chip technology card is required, there is a fee. You should verify with your department which style card you need. If a card is lost or stolen, the fee for replacement is $20.00 (Magstripe only) or $23.50 (chip style). The UB Card Office cannot accept cash or credit card payments in person. Payment for a replacement card can be made by adding funds to your FlexiBULL Bucks online at, or with a credit card at the UB Marketplace General Store. If you are using the credit card option, please pre-pay before coming to the UB Card Office.

For your convenience, we can mail a replacement card to your home address. Please send an email to us at using your UB email account, and include your full name, person number and mailing address, the fee would be $25.00 (This option is only for FlexiBULL Bucks payment options.) If you are replacing a damaged/broken card, you must present all the pieces of the broken or damaged card. The fee to replace a damaged card would be $13.50 (Chip style); This would be an automatic upgrade to the chip style card.


Vendors on campus that require a Door Access Card to gain entrance to various buildings need a sponsoring UB Department to submit a Door Access Request application to

There is a cost associated with the request, there are two styles of Door Access Cards, Swipe ($10) or Chip ($15). The cost of the card can be paid via a department IDI (If the department is covering the cost) or by credit card via the University’s General Marketplace.


Door Access Cards for Non-UB staff that occupy UB space are issued via a request to the Building Manager.

UB Card Office

The UB Card Office issues all UB Cards. You can visit the UB Card Office online to take care of many important UB Card activities such as reporting a lost card, or adding money to your Campus Cash or Dining Points accounts. The UB Card Office has two locations on campus. Hours of operation are available on the UBDining Locations page.

North Campus
Capen Hall
(716) 645-6344

South Campus
Diefendorf Hall
(716) 829-3682